The physiology, behavior, and other qualities of a particular organism or class of organisms.
“Evolution is the concept that makes biology unique.”Jared Diamond
Biology is what makes life tick. Everything on Earth wants to live. And they’ve been doing a pretty good job of it for the past 3.2 million years. If every human instantly disappeared, Mother Nature would reclaim everything we’ve built in a matter of months. What fuels this never-ending process? Different organisms have different internal systems for accomplishing this single goal, and biology is a look into those systems.
- Injecting New Bone
- The Clouds Are Alive
- TED Video: Growing New Organs
- Interview With J. Craig Venter On Synthetic Life
- Quantum Mechanics Drives Photosynthesis
- Our Mystery Organ: The Appendix
- Synthetic Biology: And Man Made Life
- TED Video: What We Learn Before We’re Born